Big Danke to Dan Hoger at MissingtheMuse.com for this award! Here’s to you sir, and your request for random factoids.
The rules are as follows:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers. The bloggers you award are to do the same.
- Ask 11 questions to those you have nominated.
- Let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blogs.
11 random facts:
- I was once a white water raft guide.
- I’ve flown in a plane like this <img class="" src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/59/Bristol_F2B_D8096_flying_1.jpg" alt="" width="128" height="88" / and I'm pretty sure I traumatized the pilot with my excited screams. The pilot enjoyed subjecting me to tricks including numerous loop-de-loops as well as a mid-air stall/dive over a stunning mountain range. I left invigorated and he left deaf.
- I would do both again.
- Clearly, I lack the instinct for self-preservation.
- I substitute teach middle school because I like those crazy, pubescent nut-cases and their enduring energy.
- Clearly, I lack the instinct for self-preservation. (Wait, did I say that already?)
- Writing is often as painful to me as childbirth but in both cases, I have marveled at and loved the results.
- I am currently avoiding a laundry mountain threatening to kill me via cotton-avalanche.
- My first daughter was born on Elvis Presley’s birthday, in Mississippi, just a stone’s throw from where he grew up.
- I’m not an Elvis fan.
- Middle Eastern food is yummylicious.
- I don’t follow rules well.
11 Questions from the blogger who nominated me:
- What is your favorite question? (Something my 3-year-old asked his uncle once.) Do you like coffee? (my last name is Coffey…) Incidentally, I am obsessed with coffee. And wine. I should drink more water.
- What would you most like me to post on this blog? That it is so superfly everyone must see it or risk spontaneous combustion and eternal damnation for ignoring your advice to do so.
- How long did it take you to complete the requirements for this so-called award? About 2 weeks. It was the Christmas holiday and I was slammed with being the pagan-tastic Santa figure in my humble abode.
- Was it worth it? Actually, yes. I found it to be a happy distraction.
- Are you somewhat annoyed? Only at the aforementioned laundry mountain.
- If I promise never to nominate you for another award (unless you like awards), would you like to read the first draft of my novel (when it’s ready) in exchange for honest and blunt feedback? Yes please!
- Do you love me? Does a wookie love cookies?
- Why not? 😦 Again, cookies.
- Was it something I wrote? Send cookies and all will be right again.
- Was anything in this post slightly amusing? Quite a bit, actually. Thank you for the witty amusements.
- How lame are these questions? No more than my answers, good sir!
- Missing the Muse
- Randa Lane – Haiku and More
- Richard Ankers – The Writings
- Jambo Robyn
- Perspectives on Life, the Universe, and Everything
- Transience Way
- A Stranger to Heaven and Earth
- Poetry in the Dark
- Experimental Fiction
- A Voice from the Spectrum
- If I Could Talk I’d Tell You
11 Questions for the nominees:
- Do you like cookies?
- Do you like wookies?
- Name two things on your bucket list.
- A thought or two on naps.
- Video games: old school or new school?
- Haiku or Sonnet?
- Are you tattooed? One or many? (yeah, yeah, two questions, I know)
- A thought or two on Pink Floyd.
- Why do you write on WordPress?